Overview of Services
Larell Surgical Consultants, Inc. is a consulting company whose expertise is in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Our company consults with Medical healthcare insurers.
Our goal is to provide the necessary knowledge and clinical expertise in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as it applies to Medical healthcare coverage.
The types of surgery we will most often be evaluating are Orthognathic surgery, TMJ surgery, Dental Implant surgery, Sleep apnea and other surgical procedures related to the oral cavity and contiguous structures.
Our expertise covers:
- Preauthorization for surgery
- Independent review of denied and appealed cases when outside second opinion is required to meet patient rights issues
- Case management services
- Mediation of patient or provider grievances
- Standard of Care
- Treatment sequencing
- Utilization Management Services
- Development and Implementation of Guidelines, criteria, and process and procedure for maxillofacial surgical review
- ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding services
- Review of medical records in disputed or litigated cases
- Provider recruitment and retention
- Review of utilization profiles of providers
- Fraud investigation
The direct benefits of our services will be:
- Claim/cost savings through the denial of elective, non medically necessary, and cosmetic surgical procedures
- Provision of quality and service to your Insurance purchasers through grievance mediation and attention to standards of care
- Satisfaction of fair hearing and patient's rights issues through independent second opinion review